Elemental Technologies’ Badaboom™ Media Converter takes a fundamentally different approach to video format conversion from other solutions. Instead of performing format conversion on the CPU, it harnesses massively parallel GPUs from NVIDIA. By using the power of the GPU, the time required for video conversion is reduced. As an added bonus, you can still use the CPU for normal everyday tasks such as email and internet browsing. Anyone can now painlessly convert video between formats including AVCHD, leaving more time to enjoy the video and eliminating the frustration of video conversion delays. The Badaboom™ Media Converter provides a simple to use tool for standard definition media conversion.
Input video formats – MPEG2, H.264, RAW*, HDV**, AVCHD**
– Input audio formats – AC-3, MP2, PCM
– Input file types – .m2v, .mpg, .vob, .avi*, .trp, .ts, .m2t, .m2ts, .mpeg, .mts
– Input resolutions supported – 1920×1080 and below
– Output video formats supported – H.264 (MP4) Baseline Profile
– Output audio formats – AAC-LC (2 channel)
– Output resolutions supported – 1280×720 and below
– Hardware compatibility – Badaboom is compatible with all CUDA enabled NVIDIA GPUs which are described on the NVIDIA site.
– Software compatibility – Badaboom currently supports Microsoft Windows only. Windows Vista 32, Windows Vista 64, Windows XP 32 and Windows XP 64 are supported
*RAW 4:2:0 only
**H.264 decoding only supported with NVIDIA G84 or later cards
Any CUDA-compatible NVIDIA GPUs can run Badaboom™ software. For a list of these GPUs, please see:
If you haven’t, you can get the lastest CUDA drivers on NVIDIA site here:
Tested on WinXP SP3: Working